IP66 STAINLESS STEEL ENCLOSURES
These enclosures have been specially designed for the chemical, oil and food and beverage industries, among others, which are particularly demanding in terms of hygiene and resistance to corrosion.
- Two types of materials, with Scotch-BriteR brushed finish, are available:
– AISI 304L,
– AISI 316L.
- Two wall-mounting enclosure versions are available:
– With plain door,
– With glazed door, SecuritR glass, 4 mm thick.
- Protection rating of IP 66 for all single enclosures with single door and glazed door, IP 55 for the double door enclosures, according to IEC 60529.
- Resistance to external mechanical impacts:
– IK 10 for the solid-door enclosures.
– IK 08 for the glazed-door enclosures.
Get a free quote online today
- Thickness: 1.5 mm.
- Single-piece body (cross-shaped structure). Gutter-shaped front profile.
- 4 rear studs for fixing the material.
- 2 cut-out vertical profiles on the door (from a height of 600 mm), with drill holes with a diameter of 4.25 mm and a pitch of 25 mm for installing accessories.
- Door strengthening frame (from a height of 1000 mm), cross-section of 20 mm x 15 mm, with drill holes with a diameter of 5 mm and a pitch of 25 mm.
- Standard lock with 3-mm double-bar lock (chrome-plated zamak).
- 2 locking points for heights of more than 500 mm or three points for two-door enclosures.
- Stainless-steel hinges screwed to the body of the enclosure. They make it easier to remove and invert the door. Opening angle: 120°.
- Polyurethane gasket.
- M6 x 16 screws on the door and on the body, allowing equipotential connection between the earth connections (on request).
- 4 holes for fixing to the wall directly or with the help of mounting lugs (on request), blocked by sealing plugs.
IP66 STAINLESS STEEL
|External dimensions||No of locks||No. of doors||304L stainless steel||316L stainless steel||304L stainless steel canopy||Plain mounting plate ***|
|Height||Width||Depth||Plain door||Glazed door **||Plain door|
Frequently Asked Questions
Have you got a specific question in mind? We’ve shared some frequently asked questions that might help. If we haven’t answered a question you have, please feel free to give our team a call, who will be happy to help!
If you are installing a steel enclosure, one factor you should always consider is the IP rating. IP stands for ingress protection (protection against foreign bodies entering the unit). An IP rating of 66 means that the enclosure will be effective against dust ingress and protected against projected water from a nozzle.
This question is best answered by considering your specific needs and requirements. Each has its benefits but are also quite similar in regards to their abilities to do their jobs. Two clear differences are that metal enclosures are structurally stronger and the other being that plastic enclosures are usually a lot lighter in weight.